At Desert Comprehensive Treatment Center, we strive to make the process of recovering from opioid addiction one that is both safe and successful for all who choose to seek care with us.
Our patients are our top priority and we commend the men and women who make the brave decision to change their lives by breaking free from the dangerous cycle of substance abuse.
Understanding that defeating opioid addiction is no easy task, our staff of dedicated professionals puts forth every effort to ensure that our patients experience superior service from the moment they first make contact with our center. We personalize the treatment we offer, and those who elect to embark on the road to recovery at Desert Comprehensive Treatment Center first experience our compassionate care during our streamlined admissions process.
If you or someone you care about is considering receiving the world-class treatment we offer, it is important to keep the following pre-admissions criteria in mind, as the below listed patient profile qualifies a person to receive treatment at our center:
- You must be age 18 or older.
- You must be opioid dependent.
In addition to the above criteria, Desert Comprehensive Treatment Center asks that all prospective patients be prepared to do the following:
- You must be in a state of withdrawal upon reporting to our center on the day of your intake, with 20 to 24 hours lapsing since your last use of an opioid(s). (This policy excludes those patients who are currently pregnant.)
- You must be prepared to provide a urine specimen for drug screening.
- You must have permission to receive treatment if you are currently on probation or parole.
- You must bring proof of insurance if you intend on using your insurance to pay for services.
- You must bring any active prescriptions that you may have so that our doctors can review them at the time of your intake.
You or your loved one can contact our center to schedule an intake on a day and at a time that is convenient. During this initial call, our staff is happy to answer any and all questions that you may have about our pre-admission criteria and the process of admissions in general.
The admissions process at Desert Comprehensive Treatment Center can take 2 to 4 hours to complete. Within this window of time, we aim to understand the full scope of your or your loved one’s treatment needs by completing the following:
- A full physical
- A TB test (if one has not been completed in the last 2 years)
- A pregnancy test (female patients only)
- All required paperwork that inquires about treatment history, medical history, and other such pertinent information that will help our staff formulate a thorough treatment plan
New patients are also required to sign a release of information if they are currently receiving care through another provider so that we are able to effectively coordinate services.
Lastly, it is also important for new patients to know that they may not receive medication on the first day at our center. This decision is made by our experienced doctors, who will review the need for immediate medication on a case-by-case basis.
If you or your loved one has any questions about the admissions process at Desert Comprehensive Treatment Center, feel free to contact us at your convenience. Our admissions team is on hand to answer questions and help you or the person you care about determine if our center is the perfect place to begin life anew without the insidious cycle of opioid abuse and addiction.